Friday 6 September 2013

More progress....

This week has been interesting, hearing wise!

Watched a movie, someone was on the phone and I knew it was a man's voice! I was surprised when the movie showed a man, so I knew I did heard a man's voice! A small progress!
Also a phone went off in the movie, I looked over at my sofa thinking it was my iPhone beeping! It wasn't! It was the phone in the movie! Haha.

On my course this week, I was having difficulty focusing on the tutor when there were so many background noises going on. I mentioned it to someone else then next day, the loop system was switched on for me. Suddenly I could hear the tutor better and there were no background noises going on. That was brilliant and completely new to me! 

The Hearing Loop is a special type of sound system for use by people with hearing aids. The hearing loop provides a magnetic, wireless signal that is picked up by the hearing aid when it is set to ‘T’ (Telecoil) setting.
The hearing loop consists of a microphone to pick up the spoken word; an amplifier which processes the signal which is then sent through the final piece; the loop cable, a wire placed around the perimeter of a specific area i.e. a meeting room, a church, a service counter etc to act as an antenna that radiates the magnetic signal to the hearing aid.
Made many trips to city centre for my course, and I found myself listening to music on every trip. By now, I am listening to music daily! I can't go on buses without listening to music! A new thing in my life! I now understand why I always see people listening to music on their phone or iPod on bus trips!
I get mad when my hearing aid beeps, it mean I need to change batteries and I don't have any on me. I now keep batteries in each bag! Haha. Wearing my hearing aid more often now, and try to not to listen to music so close to bed-time or else I move my head thinking I do hear music when I am sleeping! That's how much I listen to music daily! :)
What a crazy year! And it's not the end of 2013 yet! Wonder what it will be like with my hearing aid in the year of 2014 will I hear better or hate my hearing aid?! Who know!

No comments:

Post a Comment